Monday, August 08, 2005

It ain't all that great...

If you were to know who Le Corbusier actually was, my pseudonym suggests I have a tie to France. I am actually a dual citizen, of both the French Republic and the United States. As such I have the privilege to make the choice between the two countries pertaining to where I want to live. As it stands, I currently live and work in Texas, the result of a decision my French father made over twenty years ago. He got close glimpse of his homeland under Mitterand and opted with great personal sacrifice to start his life over across the pond in the US of A. It’s articles like this that proved my father right. Many of my acquaintances wonder why anyone would leave such a beautiful country with such a ‘joie de vivre’. Well, it ain’t all that great…

No comments: